Thursday, March 28, 2013

A powerfully spiritual place to rest


 
We arrived at Lake Atitlan, Panajachel around 3ish, confused and tired after an extremely long day.  It only took two tries before we found a cute little hotel that would let us stay with our doggies.  The woman who owns and runs it is a German, American, Guatemalan who speaks perfect English and Spanish and (she says) German (but we have no way of knowing if that is true). 


 
Once settled in we emailed and then called my sister and friend to let them know where we were and see if we could meet the next day.

At nine, just after a lovely breakfast my sister showed up at the hotel and we spent the next few hours wandering around the town, until she had to leave for her “Mayan Reading”. 

 
Their retreat was a short boat ride across the lake to the Sumaya Yoga Resort.  Fritz and I spent the rest of the day relaxing and napping and walking around the town with the doggies and had our first Guatemalan street food… Tacos that are more like chimichangas and enchiladas that look like veggie tostadas, both delicious.

The next day we took the boat out to meet my sister and friend and spent the morning talking and catching up on our adventures.  Around 2 the skies were turning dark and the wind on the lake was picking up so Fritz and I headed back to Panajachel, the trip was very exciting and bumpy with wind created waves.  For dinner we found a great Mayan Vietnamese restaurant where I had Guatemalan Pho (oh how I miss my Pho on this trip) which was different but still delicious. 




On Friday we left for Antigua following my sister and friend in their shuttle which navigated us very nicely to their hotel.  Yes this is where they stayed, Fritz the doggies and I slept in the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment